Skip to main content

Fabulous Friends

Fabulous Friends Family

Most of you may know that I am a part of the Fabulous Fifties Show, a local production featuring music from 50's, 60's, and 70's with a skit thrown in to transition from one song to the other. It's a pretty big show with about 60 singers, actors, dancers, and band members, all of which are local talent. Each participant volunteers their time and talents, and there are many more volunteers that help with sound, staging, costuming, ticket taking, ushering, concessions, and many other things. It is truly a community event, as most of the county attends at least one of the 8 performances, along with people from all over middle Tennessee and northern Alabama. A few folks make trips from all over the country to attend! The proceeds from the show go to support cancer patients and their families.

We just wrapped up 27th annual show this past Saturday. What most of you may not know is how much the show means to each of us who participate. Three ladies that are involved have been with the show since the beginning! The cause is so important to us all. MANY of us have been touched personally by cancer, or have a close family member who has. As a matter of fact one lady is currently undergoing treatments for cancer, and yet she made it to each show to do her job. She is the true definition inspiration. Another member's husband just got a good scan this week and is in remission. Praise God!

The best part of the show, other than the cause that it supports, is the fact that we are like one big family. The show is a lot of work, but we have a lot of fun too. There is a lot of laughter at rehearsals. We come together and share about our days and our lives. We support each other through the good times and bad. We laugh together, cry together, sing together, and just love each other. And like a family, there might be times that we may not see eye to eye, but we get through the rough spots together too.

One of the things I love the most is how we encourage each other. Every time, and I mean every time, someone comes off stage there is someone waiting in the wings that tells them what a good job they did on their song, dance, or joke. I can't tell you how much that means to me personally. It is such a great boost to have those folks telling me "great job." To my Fabulous Family, I love you all.

The Fabulous Fifties Show means so much to me in so many ways. I can't convey all of the feelings and thoughts that I have about it in just one blog post. I have life long friends that I know that I could call on any time, night or day, and they would be there. Also, there are many in my area who have benefited financially at one of the most trying times in their lives. Cancer takes it's toll on a family, not only physically, but in many other ways. I am proud to be a part of something that can help these folks in some small way. I truly believe that God has blessed the show, for without Him, we are nothing.

Thoughtful Thursday

I spent my time in prayer this morning during my drive to work. I hope that you are all finding ways to strengthen your prayer lives as well. Feel free to share your stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I get by with a little help from my friends

Ok, so I realize that I haven't posted in a while, and I have a pretty good excuse (other than the fact that I had a little lack of inspiration). Since some time last fall I have been very busy with our local community theater group and most recently our production of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice." My friend Truman chose this show as his directorial debut. I decided to sign on with him as assistant director since it was his first show and I knew this one would be an undertaking. Also, it just happens to be one of my all-time favorite stories. I have read the book and watched the movie countless times. (The 1995 BBC version, mind you. Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy!) I wanted to make sure it was done right! :) The show closed Saturday night, May 4th, and I must say this has been one of my favorite casts of which to be a part. Each show becomes a little family of sorts as you share this common experience. No one else can fully understand your bond, your jokes, etc. I

New Life

Spring Has Sprung! In this neck of the woods, Spring has officially arrived. It has been cooler this year than most recent years, but that has not stopped the buttercups from poking their little heads out and the dang Ornamental Bradford Pears from blooming (they KILL my allergies!!!). I love this time of year when life begins to show itself anew. Friday night was date night and I spent a little quality time with the husband. It has been so busy at our house since before Christmas, so we took the opportunity of the rare Friday night off and went to eat with some friends at John T's Barbecue in Winchester. If you live in this area, you should give them a try. We love the ribs! This was a weekend full of activity. Early Saturday morning, the husband and I traveled to Franklin Co. to purchase a couple of heifers to add to the herd. These young girls are so gentle! I stuck my hand in the trailer and the one on the right rubbed her nose all over my hand. Most cattle would run

So, where do I start?

I read a good bit online. Blogs, news, sports, recipes, so I thought why not add my look at life and humor to the plethora of information out there. The other blogs I read are all so interesting to me. They either inspire me to be a better person, or they let me know that I am not the only one out there who has thought that or struggled with something. If nothing else, I get a good laugh of them. I hope that I will be able to do any of that for someone as well. Now on to the thought for today. Today would be my grandmother's (my mother's mother) 98th birthday. She passed away in 2008 after falling and fracturing her hip. She had dementia and lived in a local care facility designed for those patients. But, up until her fall she was physically healthy. Probably healthier than most of us. She was an absolute hoot when she still had her mind, and even after it began to fail her, her sense of humor was still pretty strong. Randy and I got married about a year and a half before s